Sunday, December 9, 2007

Food Avenue

Cracking your head, don't know where to go to feed your stomach? Here's a new food gallery in town, the Food Avenue.

Food Avenue

Food Avenue is a newly open food gallery next to 4 1/2 th miles Everise Supermarket. With that, as long as Kuchian is concerned, there's the crowd flow to.

A sliding roof that form a airwell, that's if not raining

Apart from the unique design of the building, the signboard at the individual food stall is quite special as well. The signboards not only tell the visitors about food menu, but also show the photography of the hawkers or their food presentation.

Signboards of the food stalls

In terms of food selections, I can see there is a wide variety of food, from local delicacies, western food, penang food to taiwanese food and icy drinks.

Projected screen on the wall

There are also some familiar food stalls at Food Avenue, namely the Old Rex Prawn Cracker, the Burger Delight (correct? I only remember the logo is very similar to Burger King's logo), the Foo Chow food and Cha Kueh from Xin Wan at Jalan Song.

Pork Leg Rice, Rm5.00

For you who always have your breakfast at 3rd miles area, still remember there's an aunty selling mee siam at Chong Choon Cafe last time? I have not seen her for quite a while and I saw her selling mee siam again at Food Avenue. I missed the mee siam's gravy cooked by her.

Mee siam, RM4.00 (last time RM3.50 only >..<)

I don't know how about you, but I found some of the food here are a bit pricy, say about RM0.50 - RM1.00 more. Anyway, a lot of costs are hiking, what to do, right? (but ... but ... but ... my salary ler? =\)

Praw Cracker, RM0.70 each

In fact there's another dish that I ordered from Penang food stall - Salted Vege Mix Pork Soup (a.k.a kiam chai tu chap teng), which I didn't have the picture here. However, there's nothing to shout about and nothing to show about. I'm totally disappointed with the food served. That bowl of soup costs RM4.00 with only some salted vege, mostly minced meat balls and 3 biji meat balls, damn! The pork spare parts not too sure, I guess too small for me to spot it.

BBQ Rice, RM3.50

I do not know whether is their business too good that they are running out of ingredients, I'm not lucky enough, that's the Penang style, or, should they change the menu to Salted Vege Mince Meat Soup. I would rather go to eat the cheng near Bishop Gate.

Toilet facilities

2 oranged:

Apple said...

I've been there twice, and the previous time is just yesterday (9th dec). I don't understand, that place is so crowded every time I go. 4th mile is becoming more and more busy and crowded. I'm afraid it will be worse after Boulevard is open, because I have to pass there everyday to go back home!!

I haven't been to the toilet there. Yesterday went to Food Avenue just to have a glass of teh c peng, but waited till sooooo long. Business really too good. =(

Orange said...

hahaha..kesian..yalor, that place become very happening jor...

hope boulevard got more parking spaces