Thursday, December 13, 2007

Me . Flood

Today, I believe one of the hottest news in town would be the flood happens in Sibu town areas, Song, Kanowit, Julau and other surrounding areas. This has brought me back to year 2004 when there's also a severe flood in Sibu. I'll never forget this in my life time!

I'm a typical Kuching girl, I originate from Kuching and I grew up in Kuching. I hardly remember any flood in my life until I joined my current company, in which, I was stationed in Sibu for few months. The flood hit the town during Chinese New Year 2004 and I WAS THERE!!!!!

When I read the news this morning, I know how terrible the situation as I experienced it before. It's really really really terrible, horrible, awful, inconvenient, .etc (name all you can >..<). I never feel so terrified and had sleepless night on my bed.

I still remember there's one night, my roomates and I, apart from keeping an eye on the water level, we packed all of our belongings in middle of the night and moved all the luggages onto our beds (as we stay at the ground floor of a hostel).

On the next day, the water level increased and our hostel appeared to be an isolated island surrounded by water. In order not to starve to death, by hook or by crook we had to walk out to get some food and drinks.

The water level was up to our knees, we don't have any sampan, nor any Phua Chu Kang boots at that point of time. So, how are we going to walk pass the water and get to the main road ler?

We wrapped our feet with plastic bags, like this lor!!!

Darn it, the most exotic shoes I ever wear!!!

That's not all about it, after the flood was over, the worms, rubbish and muds are everywhere! It's so awful, very dirty and smelly! There's even a big spider at our hostel, someone knows this better!!! [whistle]

2 oranged:

Galvin said...

How could I forget my most memorable CNY? After braving the flood waters, I had to hunt down and kill a spider almost the size of my hand in the middle of the night. All in the name of work!

Orange said...

hahaha....lucky u didn't become spiderman...