Friday, December 7, 2007

VV's Curry House and Tomyam Seafood

As I said before, I'm not a fan of Indian food but this is another entry about Indian food. Kenopi's friend in Johor said want to bring us to taste a real Indian food, not the mamak type Indian food. After fetch us from Senai Airport, he brought us to this Indian food restaurant in Skudai – VV's Curry House and Tomyam Seafood.

VV's Curry House and Tomyam Seafood

He mentioned that VV's restaurant is very famous in town and even the Bollywood stars also came here to shot movie. O.o whooo~~

Variety of Indian dishes

As I don't really enjoy the food on-flight, so I'm 100% ready to taste Indian food again. Imagine you were eating the chicken meat which you can use it as 'mu yu'. Tok! Tok! Tok! How to eat? Erggghh....

There are various type of unknown dishes to us, so we just let Kenopi's friend to order the dishes. I guess he must very fancy about Indian food and he even brought a Indian cook book to explain to us.


The rice is served on banana leaf together with some side dishes and papadum. And, of course, I use spoon and fork to eat, bleekkkk!


Besides, there's a tray containing three different type of chutneys (I hope I name it correctly =P) where you can scoop onto your own plate and mix with your food.


Apart from the food, Kenopi's friend ordered some Indian drinks for us to try. He said is a must to try and this drink help to reduce heat, so des ~~~

'morais'

This is the first in my life time to take Indian drinks. I do not know the exact name for this drink, but it sounds something like 'morais'. If not mistaken, it's a mixture of chilli, curry leave, onion and sour milk.

Yeah, I'm ready!

Another must try food is the dosay, which is an Indian pancake. According to Kenopi's friend, the batter is made from wheat flour, blended with water and left to ferment. That's also why it taste a bit sour.

Dosay

After finish eating, we're told to fold the banana leaf as shown below. Don't fold the leaf to the other way wor, as it normally means something bad happen or funeral.


To conclude, not only this is really my first first first time to enjoy so much Indian food at one stop, it is also my first first first time to eat such a great and yummy Indian food. I particularly like the fried bittergourd, it's yummy! Big thank to Kenopi's friend!


VV's Curry House and Tomyam Seafood
Address: No.73, Jalan Perwira 9, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, 81300 Skudai, Johor.

0 oranged: