Monday, October 1, 2007

Please Take Note, Canon User!

Earlier on, I've entered a post regarding my faulty camera. Now, I would like to share some of my experience here. I've sent my camera to Canon Customer Care Centre Kuching for checking.

Illustration of Canon Customer Care Centre Kuching location

The customer care centre is located at the shophouses near Jalan Tun Razak, at the opposite road is the Chung Hua Middle School No. 3. I described my problem to the receptionist. She then told me, my camera need to send to Canon KL for checking. After Canon KL have diagnosed the problem, they will check with me again if the repair is more than RM100. Well, that matched with what the salesman said previously.

Being cautious, I asked the receptionist whether I need to pay any delivery cost if I would like to send my camera to KL for checking. The receptionist told me that they will deliver the camera to KL for me without any charges, I only need to pay for the repairing cost, eg. the replacement part. And this doesn't match with what the salesman said, he told me that I must pay RM50! .\/. @#$%

So, I agree to let them deliver my camera to Canon KL for checking. The receptionist then issued a voucher for me as a reference.

For now I'm not sure the repair is good or not, as I have yet to get any feedback from them. However, I do know that I don't have to pay that RM50, which some SHOP claims as deeeeeeelivery cost! According to the salesman, if I agree to let Canon KL repair my camera after the diagnosis, then that RM50 will be rebated in my repairing cost; if I do not wish to let them repair, I can't get back that RM50 also.

I was wondering who keep that RM50 actually, as the receptionist told me they don't charge any delivery cost! (I guess you are clever enough to know the answer) I don't mind if authorised dealer charge their customer for some fair handling fee, as we don't have to trouble ourself so much, but RM50 is too much!

I mean if you are in Kuching area, I don't think driving to the customer care centre will cost you RM50. Unless you drive all the way to Sri Aman first, then baru drive to the customer care centre. But tell me, who will be so idiot to do that!

2 oranged:

Anonymous said...

normally they will charge u RM50 if ur products not under warranty... tat's y i dun wan send to repair my camera...

Orange said...

yalor, simply sucks ppl money =(