Monday, October 29, 2007

Food That I Won't Miss Out In Sibu

Whisper: Still in Sibu, I'm =\

If time is allowed, I will always take a meal at the following eateries. Furthermore, these eateries are accessible within walking distance.

Assorted BBQ
This food stall is known for its Cha Sao Jee (BBQ Chicken). It used to be located at the corner cafe near HSBC Sibu. However, it has now moved to Lian Kiew Cafe which is located at the shophouse behind HSBC Sibu.

You are allowed to pick the BBQ items you like to have, and of course they will charge you accordingly. Personally, I like the crispy pork and sausage served by this BBQ stall.

Assorted Plate (RM5.00)

Chu Cha at Sibu Central Market
I still remember few years back, my colleagues and I stationed in Sibu for few months. This food stall has become our dinner place as it not only serve nice food but the price is reasonable too.


There's a wide selections of food served by this food stall, namely Thai style pork, Thai style squid, Thai style chicken, claypot beancurd, claypot pork with salted fish, sea cucumber soup .etc.



Thai Style Squid

I had my dinner here last week and there are only two of us. We ordered a Thai Style Squid and Cangkuk Manis with egg. It only costed us RM10.20 inclusive of 2 plates of plain rice. We're so full that night.


Cangkuk Manis with Egg

While having the meal at food stall No.90, I ordered a goh bee teng from the beverage stall next to it. It's worth to try the goh bee teng served by this stall.


Goh Bee Teng (RM1.20)

Together Tea House
This place is very cozy and you can choose to sit on the floor to enjoy your meal. They provide a wide selections of snack food and beverages.

Fried Yee Mian (RM4.00)

Among the food served by this cafe, I like to ordered their salad fish tauhu and mix vermicelli soup.


A-Plus Food Centre
This restaurant provide all types of chu cha, you name it, you get it, all except orh jien =P

If I visit to this restaurant, I will not forget to order their chei loi (balitung) fried with dry chillies. It's very yummy, I like it!

Siong Kee Tua Kua Mee
Lastly, not to forget the kampua in Sibu. There are millions of kampua stalls in Sibu but this is the kampua stall I like to visit.


At one point of time, this cafe became our breakfast place when we were stationed in Sibu. We all like to eat the tu kua mee (pig liver noodle) prepared by the stall owner. They serve the noodle separately from the tu kua soup and it only cost RM3.50.

kampua mix with soya sauce

On top of this, it was said that the owner of this food stall is actually a very famous bestman in Sibu. A lot of Sibuans invite him to be their bestman during their wedding, don't play play.


Tu kua soup

All in all, there're still a lot of nice food out there in Sibu. My experiences tell me that you will never get hungry when you come to Sibu, considering the food selections and portion.

4 oranged:

Galvin said...

You forgot the mixed fruit drink, chuk-chuk, and.... orh jien?

Nice post. Brings back all the "sweet" memories.

Orange said...

oh, I missed out the mixed fruit icy =P Dare u order orh jien in Sibu again? :naughty:

Oh yeah, all the "sweet" memories.....

Unknown said...

oh.. hungry!! :P

Orange said...

hahaha...lure到你har?不好意思喔 =P