Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Memoirs of Mid-Autumn Festival

Today is the 15th day of the 8th month of Lunar calendar, this is the day which Chinese celebrates Mid-Autumn Festival. During this celebration, Chinese kids like to carry brightly lit lantern under the fullmoon light. I used to do that with the kids in my neighbourhood when I was young, it's really really a sweet sweet time!

During my time, most of the lanterns are made of nicely painted paper, an adjustable metal plate to hold the candle and copper wire for you to hang on a stick. The lanterns come in many shapes, there're square, oval, rounded, .etc. Whereas, those lanterns made of plastic with small bulb to light on are not that common and is not cheap.


As time goes by, the lanterns design become more and more keh si than my olden days. During this festival, you can easily find a cartoon lantern than can play music. There're even lantern that can blow bubbles. On top of this, something draw my attention, look at this.


Heck, they even fix LED lights for the paper type of lantern =.= You just need to turn the switch on and off, instead of putting in the candle and light it. I don't how about you, for me I still prefer to light on with candle though you may say LED light is safer for kids.

0 oranged: