Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What Kind Of Parenting Is This?

Whisper: I just want to reflect my thought, no offence, but very boh lat!


I went to my music class last night. While I was waiting for my turn, I saw a mother with two maids and a kid came up. I thought maybe the mother just want to make sure everything is fine before she left her kid there (well, normally parents just drop their kids at the main entrance and their kids walk up to the classroom themselves).

However, my judgement was totally and completely wrong!!! I couldn't believe with my own eyes, not only the mother stayed back with the two maids until the class finished, the father of the kid also came up later. So, the parents + 2 maids = 4 persons there just to wait for the 'prince' to finish his piano class =..=

My jaw dropped! What is this?! 1 kid go piano class requires 4 adults to accompany? Unless they have some unhappy experience, else I really can't think of any reason why they are doing so. What if next time, when the kid has grown up, goes dating with his love one, also required 4 persons to accompany, or maybe more? ewww ...

This has also brought me back to what I seen in Singapore. While I was waiting for taxi, I saw a teenager coming down from an apartment with a maid (maid again, why kids nowadays so hang fuk one?!) carrying his school bag (I can see with my own eyes, the bag wasn't very big and heavy, ok!?!) =..=

When the mother's car approached, the maid helped him to carry his school bag to the car, only then the maid walked up to the apartment.

Sigh, I see liao, very boh lat! What the heck! -______-

4 oranged:

Anonymous said...

maybe that kid is the parents first child. It usually happen so. when they got more baby, they will abandon the other. well, mostly do.

Orange said...

anor, anak emas =\

Anonymous said...

kids nowadays are really ridiculously over pampered and thus they could not cope themselves with the competing society. it's a sad and serious matter.

i've seen a lot of kids scolding or hitting (just small kids!) their parents. how they brought up their children will determine what the parents' 'future' would be like.

Orange said...

yeah, I seen that alos ^__^|||