Saturday, November 24, 2007

LL Banana Leaf South Indian Food

I must admit that I'm not a fan of Indian food, the most I take are roti canai and rojak india. Not only I hardly take nasi beriyani once in a year, I can't even remember when is the last time I took nasi beriyani. =P

However, someone craved for nasi beriyani, so we went to Banana Leaf to have our lunch. Banana Leaf is located at Rubber Road and is not far from the Old Rex Hey Pia.

Nasi Beriyani Ayam Goreng (Fried Chicken) RM6.00

I ordered a nasi beriyani ayam goreng for myself. It was served with some vegetables and papadum (spicy Indian cracker). The rice turns out to be a bit dry but it still taste good, especially the aroma of the spice, gulp~~~

Later, I took a sip of Oocean's mutton curry. And know what? I couldn't help but requested some kuah (gravy) from the waitress and mixed with my nasi beriyani. The gravy tastes too good not to take laa!

Nasi Beriyani Daging Kambing (Mutton) RM7.00

While we are having our lunch there, I can see some people have their food served on banana leaf instead of plate. The waiter will then come over with a tray of dishes and scoop the dishes onto the banana leaf. Afterthat, they start to feed the food into their mouth with their bare hand >..< (huhuhuh ... I believe they did wash their hands).

Roti Tisu with strawberry syrup RM3.00 (Is it a bit pricely? I'm not sure)

Afterall, I would say a visit to Banana Leaf has changed my eating, I will include it into my lunch list next time.

LL Banana Leaf
Address: 7G, Lorong Rubber 1, Jalan Rubber, 93400 Kuching, Sarawak.
Phone Number: 082-239404, 082-240227
Contact Person: Lucy Lingam

3 oranged:

Apple said...

Looks good. Will try to go there if can. ^^ Thanks for sharing.

Orange said...

heheh...no problem...the food not bad lor....

Morris said...

South Indian food is very appetizing and can be eaten at any hour of the daytime. It is neither difficult to digest nor really fatty. It contains something to eat for all kinds of people, for those who wish for really spicy foods or for those who cannot even taste spicy food. To know more about South Indian Food Recipes visit http://www.vaango.in/